We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milano - Tasch road

Which Tasch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ROU
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Milano - Tasch road

I choose to travel to Zermatt by car and I need some information regarding road Milano-Visp-Tasch via Domodossola-Simplon Pass.Is it acceptable route?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milano - Tasch road

You take the autoroute/autobahn/motorway from Milan north past Stresa and it becomes a two lane highway up over the pass and down to Brig where you turn left to Visp and then up to Tasch. The entire drive is about 3 1/2 hours if you have decent weather and is very beautiful. You can print off a map at michelin.com by entering your departure point in Milano and Tasch, Switzerland as your ending point. Have a great trip.

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Milano - Tasch road

Hi, I'm planning to do the trip to Zermatt from Milano next year.

One option is to drive, so it was nice getting the info.

The other option is to take train or some sort of public transpotation... Is there any convinient way to get to Zermatt from Milano by train?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,118 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milano - Tasch road

Hi hanachan,

Yes of course there's a convenient train; you can get schedules at the Swiss Rail site, www.rail.ch.

Basically the journey will be about four hours with a change in the pretty town of Brig.

Have fun!

s

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Milano - Tasch road

hi swandav

Thank you for the info.

I will check out the train method to see which one we will do.

5. Re: Milano - Tasch road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tasch