We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking trails in park

ashland, oregon
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
hiking trails in park

Can anybody recommend some scenic and moderate level hiking trails in this park and the best place to park for access to them?

We will be doing "day" hiking.

Thanks

14 replies to this topic
St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiking trails in park

Which park? If you intend to visit the Swiss National Park, have a look here:

http://www.nationalpark.ch/go/en/

ashland, oregon
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiking trails in park

Sorry, thought I listed the name of the park.

Yes, the Swiss National park is the one I want.

Which trail do you recommend?

Is there a way I can find out where to park for each trail?

Thanks

Germany
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiking trails in park

There are parkings along the road over the Ofen pass/pass dal Fuorn (Zernez - Müstair valley) where you can easily park your car. Pick a hike depending on the length of trail you want to hike. My recommendation is to park at Buffalora or Hotel Il Fuorn e.g. and do the hike to Munt la Schera.

More rewarding are crossings - for example, take the bus up to Pass dal Fuorn, hike via Fuorcla Funtana da S-charl to S-charl, bus to Scuol. Or the hike Val Minger - Sur il Foss - Tarasp.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hiking trails in park

"Is there a way I can find out where to park for each trail?"

Hmm, if you would have taken a closer look to the link given by Engadiner, you wouldn't even dare to ask this question. Do you ever prepare/think before you write?

Home Page, first link tells you:

"The National Park is easily accessible by public transport; for the sake of the environment, we strongly recommend the use of the train and bus services. This also enables visitors to make interesting excursions that set out from and end at different points.

Along the main Pass dal Fuorn (Ofenpass) road, which runs through the Park, parking is only permitted in the official parking areas (P1 to P10)."

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hiking trails in park

And i can just repeat, if you will drive, make sure, you comply with the Swiss traffic rules and conditions:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Switzerland#By_car_2

This is the way how 'prioritée a droite' (priority to right) rules: vd.ch/themes/…

wired.com/autopia/…

and check your drive knowledge here: http://www.cooldriving.ch/en/index.htm !!!

ashland, oregon
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hiking trails in park

Thanks for the advise Eagle.

Would it be best to park in the parking area in the park and take the bus to each trail head?

Germany
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hiking trails in park

It depends on the hike you want to do. If you pick a trail that ends somewhere else than where your car is parked then you *must* take the bus back (or take the bus to the trailhead somewhere else).

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hiking trails in park

As Martin P. suggested: read the link I sent you, it's in English so you should have no problems.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hiking trails in park

>Would it be best to park in the parking area in the park and take the bus to each trail head?

You don't need to drive to get to the park, and the use of public transport is strongly recommended. Are you married to your car?

10. Re: hiking trails in park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:48 am, January 14, 2013

Reply to: hiking trails in park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted