We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Town between Zurich/Scuol

NYC
4 posts
Save Topic
Town between Zurich/Scuol

Hello,

My wife and I will be starting a hiking trip in Scuol in June--we will be spending one night there and we are looking for a nice town/village to stop along the way to Scuol from Zurich (where our flight arrives) and Scuol. We have been to Zurich many times, so we don't feel a desire to spend the night there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Germany
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Town between Zurich/Scuol

Since it's only a 2.5 hours train trip between Zurich and Scuol I don't think it makes sense to overnight somewhere inbetween.

However, if you're really inclined to do that, then there are plenty of options: Starting with Rapperswil on Lake Zurich, the spa town Bad Ragaz in the Rhine valley and Klosters up in the mountains, for example.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,565 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Town between Zurich/Scuol

Bad Ragaz is nice go there or stay in Maienfeld.

Rochester
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Town between Zurich/Scuol

How do you get from Scuol to Zurich in 2.5 hours by train? I don't see that anywhere.

Thank you.

Germany
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Town between Zurich/Scuol

www.sbb.ch

Well, since there's some construction work going on between Scuol and Ardez at the moment it takes 2.54 h right now (and till fall).

5. Re: Town between Zurich/Scuol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, December 10, 2009