We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from nyon

Fort Worth, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
day trip from nyon

I will be taking one day trip to Annecy and was wondering

What might be some other areas worth visiting.

thanks

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from nyon

Montreux and the Chillon castel are a great trip and of course Geneva. Have a look at the good local tourism websites: www.region-du-leman.ch and http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip from nyon

Here's lots of fun options for you to consider in and around the Montreux or Vevey end of the lake:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188108-c134821/Montr…

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,742 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip from nyon

Do you mean other areas en route to and from Annecy? Or do you mean another day trip from Nyon?? And when??

If the first - stop in geneva and visit that city. If the second then certainly Montreux/Vevey would be OK as would Bern, or the Jura. It depends for the latter on when in the year and what sort of transport you plan to use - public? hire car?

Finally, in spring, summer and autumn a lovely trip from Nyon is to take the lake boat to Yvoire, visit that little medieval village and then on to Evian, then back to Nyon.

Fort Worth, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip from nyon

I will be arriving in Jan of next year..I actually will be staying in Bursinel..

Im sure I will hit Geneva for one day and Annecy like I said..But was just kind of curious if its feasible to go to Turin,Milan,or Lyon.

I would most likely be using public transport(trains) to get around.

Thanks for everyones suggestions

Edited: 4:23 pm, November 28, 2010
France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip from nyon

It is feasible to visit other cities like Milan, depends how long you want to sit on a train for. See all the timetables on www.rail.ch to get an idea of journey times. The great thing with trains of course is that you are dropped off right in the town centre, no jams, no Park & Ride etc.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,742 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip from nyon

Lyon would be closer than Milano. Torino is very very difficult if you do not have a car as you would have to take the train to Milano and then another one to Torino OR (even more complicated!) train to martigny, bus to Aosta and then a couple of trains to Torino. I would forget it if I were you!

The express train Geneva to Milano doesn't stop in Nyon so you would have to go to Lausanne to catch it. For Lyon just go to Geneva and change trains.

Actually there is so much to see in Switzerland I wonder why you would bother with long train rides to Italy and France? Why not spend the day in Bern? See a little of the German part of Switzerland and enjoy a really beautiful little city. Look at this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g188052-c127052/Ber…

7. Re: day trip from nyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 29, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Nyon