We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip on February'13

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip on February'13

Hi, I am planning a trip in Swiss Alps, starting in Bern (one hight), 3 nights in Crans-Montana (visiting Zermatt area and around), pick up the Glacier Express, down in Disentis (fithth night), continuing to St Moritz and spend a day there. After that I think in stay at night in Filisur or Thusis (or even in St Moritz it will be possible $$) and return to Zurich at the same day.

So, in a short way:

1st day - Bern

2nd day - Bern - Crans-montana

3th day - Crans-montana

4th day - Crans-montana- Zermatt

5th day - Crans-montana - Glacier Express - Disentis

6th day - Disentis - St Moritz (Filisur or Thusis)

7th day - (St Moritz or Filisur or Thusis) - Zurich

Is this a possible itinerary? Are you see any fault, including time schedules?

Thank you,

Cristina.

4 replies to this topic
Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,900 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip on February'13

From Zermatt I would not return to Crans Montana, as the Glacier express you can take from Zermatt directly or Visp or Brig

In the St. Moritz region my family always looked for a room at Samedan, but february is high season for skiers

To check time tables take this

http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,096 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip on February'13

Crans is not the best place to stay to sightsee in the area unless of course you are staying with friends... and in February it is going to be very very hard to get a hotel there or in any other ski resort - Zermatt for example - for less than at least 5 and maybe 7 nights.

Getting to and from Crans itself means taking a bus to Montana and then the SMC funicular down to Sierre and train from there.

I agree wtih Mum above - if you go to Zermatt from C-M don't travel back there. And if you cannot get a room in Zermatt for a night then spend the night in Brig. Don't stay in Visp - Brig is a lot nicer!

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip on February'13

Thank you so much. I really need this orientation to guide me in these itinerary. I am grateful for your recommend. Best, Cristina.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip on February'13

Hi Martigny, it's a pleasure talk with you. I already changed my booking to stay in Zerrmatt (400 euros/night, wow) but I agree that it's a good value for not take that trip to go and return and go again to Crans Montana. I will visit there in another time. I appreciate the Brig tip also.

Kind regards, Cristina.

Reply to: Planning a trip on February'13
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted