We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grimentz, Leukerbad or Crans-Montana?

Which Crans-Montana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
8 posts
Save Topic
Grimentz, Leukerbad or Crans-Montana?

My son (15 yrs. old) and I are planning a 5 nights stay in August and we have narrowed down our search to one of these three resorts but we cannot decide which. In previous years we stayed in Wengen and in Saas Fe (personally i prefer Wengen to Saas Fe). Walking aside, we are not interested in the night life, but like to look at shops and have a choice of cafes.

Could you please advise what are the advantages/disadvantages of our three choices.

Edited: 10:51 am, July 12, 2011
Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grimentz, Leukerbad or Crans-Montana?

- Leukerbad doesn't have a huge amount in the way of shops, but the baths are fantastic.

- Grimentz has neither shops (apart from basics of course) nor baths, but is architecturally more interesting (lots of typical old buildings). By far the smallest and quietest of your three choices.

- Crans-Montana is a different animal altogether... more of a town than the other two, more upmarket, a lot more shops but much less natural - definitely a resort rather than a village, more like Saas-Fee than Wengen.

Personally of the three I would go for Leukerbad - it has the baths, some nice cable-car rides, some nice walking.

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grimentz, Leukerbad or Crans-Montana?

Many thanks for your suggestions - we've ruled out Crans-Montana now and will probably divide our time between the other two.

3. Re: Grimentz, Leukerbad or Crans-Montana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, March 04, 2015