We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,734 posts
290 reviews
Save Topic
Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

Here is a selection of excursions you can do from Brunnen:

A visit to Schwyz

Schwyz is very close to Brunnen. There is a lot of history – see tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188073-s2/Schwyz:Swi… -. From Brunnen I recommend warmly a visit to Schwyz. As you are there, you could also visit the factory shop of Victorinox, the owner of the make SWISS ARMY KNIFE.

Muotathal

There are many hiking paths from Muotathal available. You can contact the tourist office for suggestions - info@verkehrsverein-muotathal.ch -. The website of this tourist office - http://www.muotathal.ch/tourismus/ - is unfortunately only available in German.

Stoos

Stoos is a resort above Schwyz. From the railway station you take the bus to the cable car. Up there you again have many hiking paths - see http://www.stoos.ch/sommerenglish.html -.

Treib / Seelisberg

Take the boat from Brunnen to Treib - seelisberg.com/index.php/gastronomie/91-wirt… - where the historic restaurant is and the funicular up to Seelisberg - seelisberg.com/index.php/ideen-fuer-ihren-au… -. Unfortunately these websites are only available in German. Use Google translation to translate.

From Seelisberg you can walk to Emmeten – Beckenried on different paths. From Beckenried you can take the boat back to Brunnen.

At Seelisberg you can find an Ayurveda health center.

Flüelen

At the end of the southern part of lake Lucerne (lake Uri) there is Flüelen where the Swiss Path passes. You can do a nice walk along the lake or have a pick nick or a bath there in the lake. Reach Flüelen by boat or railway from Brunnen.

There are many more excursions you can do from Brunnen

pore

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

You can also take the bus from Schwyz to Schlattli for the funicular to Stoos.

There are rumours that this funicular could be closed and replaced by a cable car. I have walked down from Stoos to Muotathal.

There is another bus from Scwyz to Ibergeregg Passhohe where there is a path up to the Grosse Mythen the destinctive mountain which dominates this part of central switzerland.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

Pore I love Brunnen, and would go back there if I could find a reasonable hotel. The last time I stayed in Brunnen my friends and I had a bad experience in an hotel, which has now closed I must add. It is certainly on my list of places to go back to in the future.

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

I used to stay at the Hotel Gotthard it was a simple family run establishment about half way between the railway station and lake.

I'm not sure if it's still there either.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,734 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

@ Swisslover: There are many nice hotels in Brunnen. For exemple Rössli (a few steps from the boat station in the beautiful new center) is new (rebuilt behind the front wall). Waldstätterhof is even a 5 star hotel (not what I like). There are reviews available for different hotels.

@ mostlybytrain: I think hotel Gotthard is nomore (at least I do not know where it could be, it is not on the hotel list and not in the phone diary).

pore

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
527 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

If I would have to choose for a hotel in Brunnen, I would choose Ochsen, even if their website is not available in english. It looks so nice from outside

http://www.hotelochsen.ch/ochsen.htm

Edited: 4:32 am, June 19, 2011
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,734 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

And the owner is Timo Konietzka, a further soccer professional and trainer!

7. Re: Are there interesting excurions from Brunnen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Brunnen