We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What city was this park in? Awesome kids area

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
What city was this park in? Awesome kids area

We were in Germany in May and we took a train ride south from Boppard to another town along the river and I can't remember hte name of it. But, they had the MOST AWESOME kids play area ever. We actually stopped in the town to just take the ferry across to another town, but decided to spend the afternoon at the playground. They were also have a kinderfest that day.

The playground had a huge slide, a little pond with a raft, a sand area, lots of toys for big and small kids. Does anyone know the name of this town? I want to make sure I give it the raving reviews it deserves.

Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What city was this park in? Awesome kids area

Sounds to me like St. Goar.

http://www.st-goar.de/

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What city was this park in? Awesome kids area

Thanks! It was a little further south than st. Goar (which was awesome by the way) and, I think, bigger. I tried googling it, but it was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What city was this park in? Awesome kids area

Next guess: Bingen

bingen.de/de/…kufe_pam_rheinlandschaften.html

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,572 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What city was this park in? Awesome kids area

In Bingen there was 2008 the horticultural exhibition of a the state Rhineland-Palatinate. And for these exhibitions include also typically great playground. Which otherwise such small towns could barely afford.

spielplatz-ansichten.de/wp-content/…29.jpg

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What city was this park in? Awesome kids area

Bingen!! Thanks. We had such a great time there, the kids were entertained for hours! I want to write a full trip report on it soon.

6. Re: What city was this park in? Awesome kids area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:47 pm, July 09, 2013