We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Kulmbach?

Belgrade, Serbia
4 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Kulmbach?

How can I get to Kulmbach from Frankfurt International Airport? Is there a train station connected to the airport? And which train goes to Kulmbach?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
6 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,834 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Kulmbach?

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: FRA

Destination: Kulmbach

You'll have to change trains from Frankfurt Airport (FRA) to Kulmbach. At least once.

Check if your airline offers Rail&Fly tickets. This would be the best option for this trip.

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Belgrade, Serbia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Kulmbach?

Thank you for your response!

Would it be easier to go from Frankfurt to Nuremberg by train (there seems to be direct train)? And what would be the best way to get from Nuremberg to Kulmbach?

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Nuremberg
Nuremberg
Middle Franconia, Germany
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,834 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Kulmbach?

> Would it be easier to go from Frankfurt to Nuremberg by train (there seems to be direct train)?

And what does this help if you land at Frankfurt Airport and your destination is Kulmbach?

There are connections from Frankfurt Airport to Kulmbach with just 1 change of trains (at Würzburg Hbf). Less is not possible.

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Nuremberg
Nuremberg
Middle Franconia, Germany
Belgrade, Serbia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Kulmbach?

Ok, you do have a point.

Can you just explain to me what does Standard fare (Full flexibility) ticket means? I suppose that it allows me to use any train that goes to my location, so if I miss my train I can go with next one... Am I right?

My experience with German traffic system is that there are almost never official train service employees at the stations, so nobody can give you any precise information.

Thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,834 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Kulmbach?

> I suppose that it allows me to use any train that goes to my location so if I miss my train I can go with next one... Am I right?

Yes. You can use any train of the same category or lower one. Ticket is valid for 2 days. Stopovers are allowed.

train categories

A (high speed): ICE, TGV, railjet

B (long distance): IC, EC (exotic: D and IR)

C (regional trains: S-Bahn, RB, RE, IRE (and nearly all non-DB trains)

You can downgrade A -> B -> C. But you won't get money back if doing so. If you upgrade you have to pay the fare difference to the higher category. The differences between the standard fare tickets of the different categories are however just a few Euro.

Belgrade, Serbia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Kulmbach?

Thanx!

Reply to: How to get to Kulmbach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kulmbach