We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memmingen to Montafon

Which Memmingen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Memmingen to Montafon

Hi,

I am looking to travel from memmingen airport to Montafon. I will travelling alone.

Can anyone suggest the best and most cost effective way to get here? I have looked online and I can only see private taxi's which seem to be extortionate. I have no problem making some connections via bus and train if feasible.

Many thanks in advance.

G

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,312 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memmingen to Montafon

www.bahn.com can be used for information on public transportation.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memmingen to Montafon

Montafon is the name of the valley, The train line ends at the very centre of Schruns which is the main town and from here buses depart to the various destinations within the valley.

Use the link given in above message and enter:

To: Schruns ( or whatever your destination in the valley)

http://www.montafon.at/en/region_and_villages

The shuttle bus from the airport to the train station is extra, the fare is 3 €.

In the event you stay for 1 week and intend to travel extensively in the Vorarlberg area you may consider buying the - Maximo - ticket for 26,50 € from the Vorarlberg Public Transport System , you can use it for your onward and return journey from and to Lindau.

vmobil.at/fileadmin/…Tariftabelle_2013.pdf

vmobil.at/fileadmin/downloads/vvv/service/20…

3. Re: Memmingen to Montafon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, February 01, 2014