We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Place to Stay in Oberstdorf for Skiing

Galway
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Central Place to Stay in Oberstdorf for Skiing

Hi myself & hubby are thinking of flying into memminghem aiport and going here for a long weekend to get some skiing in...i am looking for somewhere cosy and central to stay...any recomendations all the reviews are in german so i dont know if its good or bad....or is there any other resorts people would recomend???

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,882 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Place to Stay in Oberstdorf for Skiing

In a today published test result the Fellhorn ski piste at Oberstdorf was one of only two rated with "very good".

…focus.de/img/…HB2i64IB_Pxgen_r_Ax700.jpg

Oberstdorf is the closest and easiest to reach ski resort from Memmingen.

Mentioned in this post
Oberstdorf
Oberstdorf
Swabia, Germany
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Place to Stay in Oberstdorf for Skiing

I read the same ADAC review that abalada refers to. The article gives special praise to the Fellhorn ski mountain. With that in mind, you may want to look at what's available in the Kleine Walsertal, an Austrian enclave that can be reached in the winter only through Oberstdorf. There are frequent busses from the Oberstdorf bus center to one of the four villages in the Walsertal. Listed in the order of proximity to Oberstdorf: Riezlern (10km), Hirschegg, Mittelberg (the main center of the valley) and Baad (18km), a bit at the end of the world.

Check them out on the Internet.

Mentioned in this post
Oberstdorf
Oberstdorf
Swabia, Germany
manchester
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Place to Stay in Oberstdorf for Skiing

Hi,

We have been skiing in oberstdorf 5 times in the last few years and have use the company below for accommodation:

http://www.blattner-fewo.de/

they have an english section on website and we have stayed in a few different apartments. All have been excellent - many located within walking distance of nebelhorn ski lift. All lifts in kleinewalsertal area are within 30 minute drive.

Would highly recommend area for ski holiday - please contact me if you need any further info.

4. Re: Central Place to Stay in Oberstdorf for Skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 13, 2011