We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Bamberg on Sunday or Nuremberg on Sunday?

Which Bamberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
66 reviews
Bamberg on Sunday or Nuremberg on Sunday?

We are staying in Bamberg for two days and one of those day's is a day trip to Nuremberg. Should we do Sunday in Bamberg (and Monday in Nuremberg) or will most of the beer gardens be closed? Other option is go to Nuremberg on Sunday (then tour Bamberg on Monday) because the Documentation Center is open on Sunday. Thanks for your advice!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
118 reviews
1. Re: Bamberg on Sunday or Nuremberg on Sunday?

We were in Bamberg on a Sunday, and visited the big church there for a service. It was interesting!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Bamberg on Sunday or Nuremberg on Sunday?

When you go to Bamberg on a Monday, don't expect any restaurants to be open. We went there on a Monday, and stopped at six or seven restaurants that my father knew. They were all closed. So we ended up at the only place that seemed to be open, and they only had two vegetarian options, one of which I ordered. You could have fed a family on a serving of that size, but what I got was lots of fried fatty cheese and a mountain of rocket salad. It is one of the worst meals I've ever had. ... I was in Nürnberg on a Monday, too, and I found a nice little restaurant near the train station there (called Literatencafé or something like that) where I ordered a good sandwich and a cup of tea for a reasonable price.

So what I'm saying ... maybe go to Bamberg on Sunday. Restaurants will be open then.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Bamberg on Sunday or Nuremberg on Sunday?

Thank you all - much appreciated!!!

4. Re: Bamberg on Sunday or Nuremberg on Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 15, 2015