We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks in Bamberg

Which Bamberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
250 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
3 weeks in Bamberg

Hi there, I am planning to follow a German course in Bamberg in early spring of next year. What can one do for 3 weeks? Is the school "Treffpunkt" a good institution? Thanks in advance for all your reply.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks in Bamberg

Bamberg is one of the most beautiful towns and their local beer is just great.

Würzburg and Nuremberg are ideal locations for day trips. And the spas area around Bad Brückenau would be ideal for a weekend trip.

Erfurt, Stuttgart and Frankfurt are also within a 3 hours radius.

mtc
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks in Bamberg

I too am considering a language course either at Treffpunkt in Bamberg or at the Goethe Institute in Schwaebisch Hall. I was at the Goethe Institute in Schwaebisch Hall in October 2006 and it was very good. But this year I am thinking of trying a new venue. In comparison to the Goethe Institute I attended, the classes at Treffpunkt appear, on the average, to be smaller: around 5-6 students, whereas at the Goethe Institute classes averaged 8-9. Please email me backchannel if you would like to discuss Treffpunkt in more detail. I will be interested to see any other replies to your Treffpunkt question.