We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in Konstanz

Mirboo North
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Two days in Konstanz

I am in my sixties. I will be travelling alone and have two days in Konstanz. Any suggestions as to Must See attractions? Is a cruise on the lake worth while, or do you virtually just see water?

I would appreciate any comments.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days in Konstanz

From Konstanz take the bus to the Indel Mainau. This whole island is one big flower show. It is connected to the main land by a causeway. You can take a bus across this causeway to shorten the hike. The island also has a nice small palace and an interesting church.

The other "must see" is Meersburg, on the north shore of the lake. To get there either take one of the boats that runs from Konstanz harbore, or take the bus to Staad and take the more frequently running ferry to Meersburg. It's about 20 minutes crossing . Besides its pretty location among vinyards overlooking the lake,Meersburg has an old castle that is still accessible for visitors. The palace and chuech facing the market square are also well worth a look-see. .

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
557 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days in Konstanz

Depends when you are going but if in the summer then Mainau or the island of flowers is a good day out if you like flowers and a walk, it is better than it sounds and you get the no 4 bus from Konstanz, takes about 15 minutes. There is a ferry that stops at the island but no experience of that.

www.mainau.de/info-center0.html

Mirboo North
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days in Konstanz

I will be there in September, so it should still be worth a visit. Thank you for your suggestion.

Mirboo North
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days in Konstanz

Much appreciated. Thanks

5. Re: Two days in Konstanz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 28, 2015