We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mantralayam Tour

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Topic
Mantralayam Tour

Dear Sir,

I am M.Gowri Shanker from Chennai. I, with my wife and 7 year old son are planning to visit Mantralayam during the third week of August . This is our first visit and we will not mind spending 2 - 3 days there and also seeing other places of pilgrimage / tourist attraction. Please guide us regarding:

1. our travel plan

2. whether to stay in Raichur or Mantralayam,

3. How to visit other nearby pilgrimage places

4. Any nearby tourist places of attraction.

Thanks in Advance

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mantralayam Tour

You will get some information to start your planning with at these sites

http://www.mustseeindia.com/Mantralayam

holidayiq.com/destinations/Mantralayam-Overv…

2. Re: Mantralayam Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:06 pm, August 16, 2012
Manali, India
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mantralayam Tour

our travel plan

From Chennai, board any train going to Mumbai. Alight at Mantralayam Road station (before Raichur). From Mantralayam Road you can hire an autorickshaw to Mantralaya or board APSRTC bus - there is one every twenty minutes.

2. whether to stay in Raichur or Mantralayam,

You will have to stay at Mantralayam. Raghavendra Mutt offers excellent accommodation facilities. You can reach Mantralaya and ask for a room at the Central Reservation Office. You can also send an email to info@srsmutt.org, three days prior to your journey. They will give you priority if you have sent an earlier intimation.

Details of Private lodges can be found here:

travelpaisa.com/spiritual/251-mantralayam-ac…

3. How to visit other nearby pilgrimage places

Panchamukhi Anjaneya temple is close to Mantralaya and you can reach by Autorickshaw. This is the place where Raghavendra Swami had meditated. You can also visit Nava Brindavana by taxi. alternately take a bus to raichur and then to gangavathi from raichur

uttaradimath.org/Brindavana/Brindavanas.htm

bangalore
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mantralayam Tour

Sir

From railway station to Mutt, there are plenty of autos but the road condition is still very very bad.

They charge about rs. 100/ from station to mutt.

There are plenty of vasathi gruhas they are very reasonable. we went there this week. they charge around rs. 200 to rs. 250 per day only problem lot of power cuts . there are also a/c rooms which are charged around rs. 500 to rs. 700 these are nearby the mutt.

the food is ch arged in the mutt. there is an annadanam hall wh ich is built by Mr and Mrs.Naryana Muthy of I nfosys and also for brahmins there is separate hall

For going to panchamuka anjaneya temple you need to travel either by auto or there are plenty of taxis th ere who share with about 6 yto 7 people they charge around rs. 50 to rs. 60 per person you have to bargain.

The river bed is excellent in the evening there are procession inside the temple and also the atmosphere is very very good

enjoy your trip

there are plenty of trains from all over india please book in advance

get down at mantralayam road

enjoy your trip and take the blessings of lord sri raghavendra

jaya

Bangalore...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Mantralayam Tour

Has anybody done child head tonsuring (kesh mundan) at Mantralaya? Please share your experience. I want to take my daughter for head shaving at Mantralayam.

Regards

Babu G

Bangalore Karnataka...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Mantralayam Tour

I am Sadashiv Rao want to visit Mantralayam with my wife on 11th of March'14 for a day. Please let me know online room booking at SRS Mutt premises. Thanking you.

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Mantralayam Tour

Whether next week(17 & 18th April- 2015) any tickets will be available in Mantralyam from Chennai.. How about accomodation now. it will be free..Any good Travel agent to help from Chennai

Edited: 10:19 am, April 07, 2015
8. Re: Mantralayam Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, September 17, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Mantralayam