We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night stay at Aluva

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
One Night stay at Aluva

I and my wife and I will be landing in Kochi aiport at about 9 PM. We are planning to spend the night in Kochi and catch a bus to Munnar next morning, as early as possible. For this, we are thinking of going to Aluva bus stand area, as I have heard there are buses at good frequency to Munnar. Is Aluva a safe area to go to in the night? Are there hotels nearby? Since its just for a night, we don’t plan to book any hotel in advance in Aluva. Are there plenty of budget hotels there and will it be easy and safe for us to reach there and then look for a hotel?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

Hello AShgo,

check the hotels reviewed here on TA

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1973642-Aluva_Greate…

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

Hello Ashgo,

If you are arriving at 9 PM , i would suggest you to check in to an airport hotel ? what is the range you are looking at?

otherwise check this hotel , which is located near to the private bus stand ( 10 minutes )

http://hotelsunnys.com/

search for some reviews also

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
384 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

Dear Ashgo

From Aluva first bus to Munnar is at 4AM and next at 5AM. To catch both these bus you need to wait in front of railway station. These buses do not enter Pvt. Bus stand.

If you are planning to catch this bus stay near to railway station. Nearest Budget hotel is Madaparambil Residency, a normal budget hotel. This hotel is just 50m from railway station where you can get A/C room for 1200/- and Non A/C for 600/- Contact: 04842625232

If you want better hotel look for Mahanami which is 200m from railway station. A/C room - 1640/- to 2400/- and Non A/C for 1200/- to 1800/- Contact: 04842623464 (You can find review of this hotel in TA also)

Try to reach at least half hour early to catch bus.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

There is a bus at 1:30 AM check details here

questfortravel.com/96/ernakulam-to-munnar-by…

Suggest call up Kerala RTC and confirm. Won't it be cheaper and efficient to hire a taxi straight away and head to Munnar rather than stay at a hotel, wake up at 4 AM and board bus. Taxi service does operate at night and is not very unsafe.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

Hi all, thank you so much for your responses. I am planning to spend the night in Aluva and carry on for Munnar the next day. Most of the hotels in Aluva are willing to book rooms on phone itself and do not ask for any advance. Also as Ratheesh mentioned above, AC rooms are around Rs 900 to 1200.

Geelong, Victoria...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

thanks. handy information..

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

Hello Friends, I will be reaching Cochin Airport at 10 PM and planning to go Munnar next day early morning. Any suggestion where to catch the first bus to Munnar and any less expensive hotels where I can take some rest for one night. my budget for Hotel is around 600 Rs.

Dear Ashgo, if you can share your experience it would be be helpful too

Cheers,

Ganesh

Kochi (Cochin...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

Dear Sir,

Greetings from YMCA International House, Ernakulam....!!!!!

We believe that there are no frequent private or Luxury buses to Munnar but you can avail this facility through KSRTC Buses ( Kerala State Road TransportCorporation). The First Bus by 6:00 am and the another by 06:30 and the next by 07:15.

The better place to Stay for this is YMCA International House, Ernakulam. We have Got 40 Room bith AC and Non AC. This is a budget class hotel with Reasonable Rate.

For Room Bookings...... Feel Free to Contact 075599 52220

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

Dear sir,

I am reaching Cochin Intl Airport at 11:40PM, please suggest some good economical hotels to stay for a night.

How far is this airport to Cochin town? Please suggest hotels and Vegeterian hotels/restaurtants.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
11,774 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One Night stay at Aluva

a) The following hotels are excellent addresses adjacent to Kochi International Airport:

1) Flora Airport Hotel

2) Courtyard by Marriott Kochi Airport

3) Saj Earth Resort

4) Abad Airport Hotel

5) Quality Airport Hotels

6) Lotus 8

These hotels are priced from INR 2500 – 3500 except for Marriott which is around INR 4000. Quality and Lotus are heap among the above, but they are quite good places.

If you are looking out for still cheaper places Sapphire Inn and Medows Regency are cheap places close to the airport.

b) Cochin town is about 25 kms from the airport.

c) Best pure vegetarian restaurants in Kochi are the following:

1) Bharat Hotel Cochin,

2) Kausthubham Restaurant, Dwaraka Hotel

3) Rangoli Restaurant, Woodlands Hotel

Get answers to your questions about Aluva