We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Hire in Tignes resort

Which Tignes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Hire in Tignes resort

I shall be staying in Chalet Les Melezes, Les Boisses in January 2011. I notice from the travel companies website that they have in-house ski hire. I would like to know if any one has any experience of using their ski equipment and the costs for a week.

I've tried emailing them for costs but have so far not received a reply. Searching the web I notice that Ski Republic, who have a number of shops in the resort are doing 2 for 1 equipment hire and their prices look very good.

Cheers

Dave

Tignes
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Hire in Tignes resort

Hi,

No experience of the Melezes in-house service, but I'll see if I can find out anything.

It's been a couple of years since I used Ski Republic - I found them to be good (the shop in Tignes Le Lavachet which I don't think is there any more) but I've read mixed reviews on the Alp Forums here. What I would say though is that you might find it a drag to get to their nearest shop in Le Lac from Les Boisses (a 10 minute bus ride on a service that only runs every 30 mins during the day) and if you're like me you'll want to grab the equipment and go when you arrive, and not need the hassle when it comes to returning it. I think there's a couple of other hire shops in Les Boisses though - maybe a Sport 2000 or an Intersport.

Sorry I can't be more help but I'm not back out until March :-(. I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Bon chance,

Matt

Chichester
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Hire in Tignes resort

Hi,

Stayed there in November, they had some wicked ski's for us to try. Tim looks after them very well. Try the Rossignol S3 98's if there is lots of new snow!

3. Re: Ski Hire in Tignes resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, February 13, 2012