We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Nevada Apartments

Bonny Scotland
1 post
Save Topic
Le Nevada Apartments

Hi there

We will be staying in the Nevada Apts in beginning of April. Any one stayed there before and what are they like? Also, are there supermarkets and pubs, shops in the near vacinity?

Cheers.

Debz.

Tignes
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Nevada Apartments

Hi Debz,

Not stayed there (or even been there!) but my wife worked there occasionally last season and has them on her 'recommended' list for clients who come out with children. They were new in last year, so still should be in a good state of repair. I think there's a swimming pool in the complex as well, although the new Lagon complex in le lac is also excellent.

I think there might have been one comment about apartments being quite long - i.e. could've been a bit squarer - but I think you'll be fine.

Sherpa supermarket is just over the road, as are many equipment and clothes shops. Pubs? Oh yes - Couloir is excellent (for food too) and you've also got Grizzlys, Crowded, Fish Tank on your door step amongst others. Melting nightclub is also there, and there are bars in the restaurants (Le Caveau for example). Basically, you're in the thick of Val Claret and a short walk from the piste to boot.

Enjoy!

Matt

Englefield Green...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Nevada Apartments

Hi Debz,

I stayed at Le Nevada in March 2007 and was very satisfied with my stay. We were a group of 4 in a 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment itself was pretty much the standard ski resort chalet type - compact, nice kitchen & bathroom, TV. There was one difference between Le Nevada and other places I've stayed - there was no fire in the apartment. I can't be bothered to start them even if they're there but some people might expect one so worth mentioning. It had only just opened when we went so everything was in brand new condition.

If you are travelling by bus, Le Nevada could not be in a better location as the buses stop directly outside (on the other side of the road - this is worth remembering as 2 of our group actually managed to walk around Val Claret trying to find it without realising they were already there when they stepped off the bus!). It's about a 200-300m walk to the piste area where the lessons meet but it's quite a flat walk so not too tiring. As Matt mentioned, the Sherpa supermarket is very close by as are most of the Val Claret shops, pubs & restaurants

The swimming pool wasn't yet built last March but we were allowed to use the pool & sauna facilities at the hotel behind the apartments at a charge of €10. We only used it once as it would have got too expensive to do every night! No idea if the Le Nevada pool ready yet.

You can PM me if you want to see room photos and I can send you a link.

Jamie.

3. Re: Le Nevada Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, September 12, 2009