We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tignes Les Brevieres

Leeds
1 post
Save Topic
Tignes Les Brevieres

Has anyone stayed in Tignes Les Brevieres - what's it like for bars etc and does anyone know if there's any snow there? I'm thinking of staying in a chalet called chalet la sache but would like to hear from someone who's been there.

Thanks Jamie

north wales
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tignes Les Brevieres

Hi Jamie,I've just returned from Tignes Le Lac last week which is a little bit higher up the mountain.We skied to Les Brevieres a few times during the week.It seemed a nice little place but seemed quiet even during the day,just a few bars by the lift station,but having said that even where we stayed it was very quiet in the evening.I would say if you are looking for good skiing go for it,but if you want apre ski and clubbing maybe not.Have a good hol,Rob.

Tignes
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tignes Les Brevieres

Hi Jamie,

It's pretty quiet in Les Brev and unfortunately they don't run a bus service from here to the other resorts. You have to get the small chairlift to Boisse, then pick up the vaguely regular, free bus service from there - then it's 10 minutes up the hill to Lac. In the evening though, you'd either have to drive or get a taxi.

Brev does have some nice bars and restaurants, but I'd stay higher up in Lac or Val Claret.

The snow is pretty good all around resort at the moment, but the zero isotherm is hovering around 2000M so precipitation will fall as rain down in Les Brev. Another reason for look higher I think.

Cheers,

Matt

Tignes
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tignes Les Brevieres

Hi Jamie Tignes Les Brev is Banging the Snow is Still excellent and Chalet Le Sache is one of the nicest chalets in the village..

london
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tignes Les Brevieres

chalet sache is nice and brevieres is lovely charming place with access to espace killy.great place for families and has pub restos etc but not rowdy.i stayed in chalet vail with endeavour chalets and we self catered.v.nice luxury chalet with wifi, sauna ,jacuzzi etc.you need a car but if you have one soooo much nicer than le lac or val claret and as nice as the nice bits of val but cosier.

5. Re: Tignes Les Brevieres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 29, 2009