We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenoble Train Station to Les Deux Alpes

Which Les Deux-Alpes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Grenoble Train Station to Les Deux Alpes

I'm heading to Les Deux Alpes on the 19th of Feb for a week and am wondering how difficult it is to get the public bus from the train station in Grenoble to the resort. Some websites suggest you need to book well in advance and even then you might be out of luck if its particularly busy.

Has anyone had any experience using the bus? Are there any other alternatives? I only seem to be able to find transfer companies operating from the airport.

Thanks for your help

Oldham, United...
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grenoble Train Station to Les Deux Alpes

Hi

We did this last year, we booked in advance and were glad that we did as the bus we caught was full. Think, from memory, the website might be www.altibus.com or try www.2alpesnet.com, think they have info on there including links for public transport. Took about 2 hours I think, maybe slightly less.

If you're catching the bus back to Grenoble, you'll need to go to the VFD office in resort to reserve your place on the bus - think there's a couple dotted through town, depending on where you're staying.

Not a bad journey, some motorway-type roads, but you do come off these and get to see some of the countryside as you're motoring along.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grenoble Train Station to Les Deux Alpes

Thanks so much, found a link to the transiere site on the 2alpesnet website which had much better info and easier booking system than other ones i'd come across. Great to have that all sorted, thanks again.

Oldham, United...
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grenoble Train Station to Les Deux Alpes

No prob, hope you enjoy the journey.

The bus station is right next door to the train station, by the way, and all the bus stands have really good info n what's going where, so you should have no problems getting the right bus!

Southampton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Grenoble Train Station to Les Deux Alpes

We have used the public bus service twice now to Deux Alp and back again.

No problem with buying tickets on arrival at Grenoble train station (the buses leave from the adjacent bus station (turn left out of the train station).

However, you MUST book your return journey from Deux Alpes to Grenoble and it's best to do so on arrival at the resort or soon thereafter (Tourist Info as you enter the resort is the easiest).

PS no toilets on board and you might need travel sickness tablets if the roads are not covered in snow!

Paris
Level Contributor
74 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grenoble Train Station to Les Deux Alpes

As other people already said, the bus station in Grenoble is just near the train station, which is very convenient. From there, with the Trans Isere bus you can go to les 2 Alpes but also to other nice ski resorts. From what I remember when we went to les 2 Alpes, we took the return ticket at the same time, from Grenoble station. The road to go to les 2 Alpes is stunning once you get in the mountain but, sitting near the window, I also got very frightened because it is a small and narrow mountain road with big precipices and very narrow turns. Les 2 Alpes is absolutely lovely, with delicious creperies with big fireplace and lovely people working there. We liked it very much and would love to go back. Grenoble is lovely too.

6. Re: Grenoble Train Station to Les Deux Alpes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Les Deux-Alpes