We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Safe" parking in Cassis

Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
"Safe" parking in Cassis

Is there a relatively safe place to park our car (such as one with surveillance) in Cassis? I would like to minimize the risk of having our car broken into while we do some sightseeing and stop for lunch.

Thank you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,627 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

Just use the street parking spot near the centre. During the day time, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

Good, I'm relieved! Thank you.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

When are you going to Cassis? In the middle of summer, the car-parks in the middle of town are very over-subscribed and you'll be lucky to find a spot.

There is a park-and-ride arrangement (out of town car-park plus shuttle bus), but I don't know how secure it will be.

Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

We are going in June. I hope we will be lucky to park near the town centre.

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

Hello,

The risk of your car being broken into is negligeable provided you leave nothing visible at all in the vehicle. Regardless, it isn't as if there are thieves systematically bashing in car windows in Cassis!

St. Neots, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

Stayed in Cassis three days last april. There are a number of pay lots and one free lot that fills up first. I didn't have any porblems and i had stuff in the car. I hear parking is VERY problematic in summer so arrive with a bit of patience and be ready to summon the help of the patron saint of parking!

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

June should be totally workable especially during the week. If all else fails there is the outside of town parking lot called Parking des Gorguettes, that is in fact guarded if I am not mistaken.

the shuttle is 1€.

Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

Thank you Jabe and LouGari for tips and reassurance!

Moscow, Russia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

Hi

FridayJasmine

hope your trip to Cassis was good

I am planning to be in Marseille ( 2 weeks trip) then I want to drive in the evening or morning ( depends on the shift I work) to Cassis

Could you recommend FREE parking in Cassis - hope you found one

thanks in advance

AM

Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Safe" parking in Cassis

The parking space we managed to find wasn't free, but it was near the harbour and safe. We had a great time in Cassis. It was a beautiful day in a beautiful place. We regretted not arranging in advance for a stay there.