We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in Toulon for a day should we go to Cassis, Marseille,

GR, MI
6 posts
Save Topic
in Toulon for a day should we go to Cassis, Marseille,

or Sanary Sur Mer ? Which one individually on a shore excursion bus or all three on a panoramic bus ride for 8 hrs?

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: in Toulon for a day should we go to Cassis, Marseille,

It really depends what interests you.

If you want to see 3 individual towns ((OK City for Marseille) and a bit of the countryside then the bus ride.

However I would not want to be cooped up on a bus for 8 hours.

I would opt for Cassis. Nice little town to wander around, pick a restaurant in the port area for lunch and then perhaps a small boat trip to look at the calanques in the afternoon.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
56 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: in Toulon for a day should we go to Cassis, Marseille,

Having spent quite a bit of time in the Toulon and Hyeres areas, I would definitely go for Cassis. It is a beautiful little fishing port town.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: in Toulon for a day should we go to Cassis, Marseille,

I totally agree with the two previous reviewers. Cassis is a very 'French' town, with a lovely harbour, and a very large number of excellent restaurants wrapped around it. I would particularly recommend (I think) Chez Gilbert,

directly in the centre of the harbour. After lunch you can always take a trip in the 'petite train', which takes you out to the top of the Calanques, or as 'boucheboy' suggested, a boat trip out from the harbour.

Enjoy and best wishes from Ireland!

4. Re: in Toulon for a day should we go to Cassis, Marseille,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 23, 2012