We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cassis in August

Which Cassis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Cassis in August

I will be traveling to France this summer and am considering visiting Cassis for 2 nights some time between August 5-9. I have heard it is extremely busy at this time of the year though so I am somewhat wary. Is it so busy that I should skip it? Cassis seems beautiful and I would love to enjoy the sun and beach, as well as rent kayaks and visit the Calanques. But will it be so packed that we can't get a spot on the beach or reservations for dinner? Thanks to all who can offer some advice.

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cassis in August

Are you here yet? The port and the little Bestouan beach are only a few minutes walk apart. IT is a seething mass of humanity here just now ... but you can find quiet spots to laze on the rocks when the beach is massed out ... just need to walk a bit more!

You will get food, but best to go our early or book for the following evening when you see a place you like. Where did you decide to stay in the end? I reckon lots of rooms in Cassis get criticised for being small, c'est la vie, ici .... like London or Paris.

St. John's, NL
Level Contributor
45 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cassis in August

I've stayed at the Liautaud in November, I'd go for the Jardin d"Emile. Clos des Aromes is also very nice.

13. Re: Cassis in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 26, 2012