We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains

Which Chasseneuil-du-Poitou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Trains

My wife and I will be attending a Wedding this year the end August in this city. We would like to take a train to a few countries near and around for only a day at a time. We are thinking about spending each night back at our hotel. Any suggestions on places, rail passes, countries, places to see, etc. Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,896 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains

The only country you might be able to get to on a day trip is Belgium.

Your first departure is 6.39, getting you to Bruxelles at 11.23.. You then have three hours in Belgium, departing 14.37, arriving back at your hotel at 19.17. Much as I like train travel and the Belgian capital, I wouldn't be spending 9 hours on a train for a 3 hour visit.

Far better to set your sights lower, visit Poitiers one day, and perhaps catch some of the loire Valley on another.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,896 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains

Should have mentioned - Chasseneuil-du-Poitou is usually called Chasseneuil (Vienne) and is where Futuroscpoe is, on the outskirts of Poitiers. The only other thing there is our nearest strip mall - all home futnishings, hardware and car-part shops. I know it quite well (unfortunately!)

Spring, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains

Thank you so much

Reply to: Trains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chasseneuil-du-Poitou