We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foot passenger - baggage?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Foot passenger - baggage?

Hello, I am planning to travel from Calais to Dover as a foot passenger on a P&O Ferry. It will be towards the end of a month long holiday, so I may have a few bags with me. Do I need to take the bags onto the ferry with me, or is it similar to airline check in where you check your baggage in and collect it at the end of the voyage? Advice appreciated!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,956 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foot passenger - baggage?

You carry the luggage on board. Do not have more luggage than you can handle *comfortably* by yourself.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,035 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foot passenger - baggage?

try not to travel with 'a few bags' -- pack light, leave space for purchases -- never have more than a small roller suitcase and a small backpack, or messenger bag, especially if you will be doing train/boat travel

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foot passenger - baggage?

Thanks for the tip!

4. Re: Foot passenger - baggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 03, 2014