We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amiens, Cambrai or St-Quentin?

Which Amiens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Amiens, Cambrai or St-Quentin?

My husband and i will be spending a couple of days in November touring some of the First War sites, including Premont, where his grandfather fought with the American 30th Division. We plan to hire a guide (there are plenty it seems) and also want to visit to Somme battlefields, memorials, etc. The question is where to base ourselves for two nights. We care about a nice hotel, good food, and access to othe rsights as well. On short review it seems to me that Amiens has more to offer than St-Quentin (where one of the guides we are talking with suggests we stay), but I don't really know. The other thought is to spend one night and half day in Lille before heading to this area and just one night in one of the other towns. Please let me know your experiences and thoughts. Thanks.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amiens, Cambrai or St-Quentin?

I liked St Quentin when I stayed there a couple of years ago. It does offer less than Amiens, which is a much larger town and was much less the focus of fighting during WW1, but you wll not be there for an extended stay. Cambrai I have visited for an afernoon and night, but as it rained during a lot of that time, my view is jaundiced. If you can spend a night in Lille or possibly Arras, it could certainly be worthwhile.

2. Re: Amiens, Cambrai or St-Quentin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 31, 2014