We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish speakers: Can you help?

Which Mont-Saint-Michel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
Save Topic
Spanish speakers: Can you help?

Hi,

For anybody who speaks Spanish, we have a member with an unanswered question about mont-St-Michel in our Spanish-language forum:

tripadvisor.es/ShowTopic-g187179-i607-k66509…

If you have any advice to offer, could you please post your reply, in Spanish, in that forum topic?  

Thanks!

Verónica

P.S.  You may be prompted to sign in when clicking that link.  You do not need to create a new account -- just sign in with the same email and password you use for your current TripAdvisor account.

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,906 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish speakers: Can you help?

Bonjour, Veronica,

I hope that my reply advances your question in the general France forum and it is hoped that someone will see it.

Joanmemail has been told that reservations are needed and would like to know if she can reserve a guided tour of the Abbey in advance.

The answer is No to whether she has to make advance reservations to see the Abbey, but I don't know about reserving tours on-line.

I went to the MSM tourist bureau and found a list of private guides that will take Spanish-speaking visitors (and other nationalities) to the Abbey and through the village.

From what I have read, I believe that there are guided tours that one may book from the tourist bureau at the Abbey but they may be in French only. There are audio guides that one may rent. I don't know the price of the audio guides and the languages; I would think that Spanish would be available.

I believe that my Spanish is good enough if I knew the answers: Is a guided tour available in Spanish, which may be booked upon arrival at the tourist bureau at the Mont? Are the audio tours available in Spanish?

MrsJAS

London, United...
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish speakers: Can you help?

Thanks very much for your help. I would translate it if nobody else can write in spanish.

Best,

Verónica

Essex
Level Contributor
26,995 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish speakers: Can you help?

Actually, if you and margaux_tripadvisor are going to keep on with this recent habit you both seem to have developed...

Why not translate the OP post for the English speaking forum, then just translate the English answers "back" for the Spanish/French OP???

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,906 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish speakers: Can you help?

I sent an e-mail to the Tourist Information Bureau at MSM and received a reply:

We have audioguide in Spanish and guided tours at 10h45, 11h45, 15h00, 16h00.

You don’t have to reserve.

After replying, I received another screen that said something about posting in Facebook, which I was not about to do, so I clicked close. The message did not post.

Sorry, but I am done.

MrsJAS

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,906 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spanish speakers: Can you help?

Bonjour, Veronica,

I got over my little hissy fit and attempted to send the information but I forgot my password:

Buenos dias,

He escrito a la officina de tourisma del Mont St Michel.

No es necesarion reserva para visitar la Abadia. Hay visitas guiadas a las horas de 10h45, 11h45, 15h00, y 16h00. Se puede alquilar guias de audio en espanol.

Buena suerte. Es un lugar fantastico.

SenoraJAS

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,906 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spanish speakers: Can you help?

Veronica,

Sorry to keep this going so long.

I have updated my password in the Spanish-language forum and sent the mesage.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spanish speakers: Can you help?

Don't know what the timeline is here, but the workers at le MSM have been on strike for weeks and there are still no guided tours, though you can visit on your own.

8. Re: Spanish speakers: Can you help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 14, 2014