We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Rennes to MSM

Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Rennes to MSM

Could anyone please advise if you need to book the bus from Rennes station to MSM, and do all the trains from Paris connect with the bus service. This is for July. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

You can't book the bus.

I beleive buses are usually timed to correspond with the train from Paris. Look at

www.destination-montsaintmichel.com/?lang=en

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

Thank you for your reply

Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

The bus timetable only goes until 7th July, we will be travelling on the 23rd July and returning on the 24th July, so does anyone know where I can get the timetable for 23rd July. Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

destination-montsaintmichel.com/en/mont-sain…

San Jose, California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

We took the bus from Rennes to Mont-St-Michel. The bus station is right next to the train station, so that was convenient. You can purchase the ticket in the bus station or from the bus driver. For a senior it was I think 9 euros one-way. The bus drivers were very courteous and were used to tourists, although only one spoke English. The bus takes one hour and 20 minutes. If you need to use a credit card you must buy in the bus station. The bus drops you off at the end of the causeway. So there is only a short walk to the Mont. The bus picks you up where it dropped you off and there is signage at the stop, although there is no shelter. Fortunately it was not raining when we were waiting for the return trip. There is room for large luggage in the trunk on the side of the bus. It leaves Rennes at 9:40 am, 11:40, 12:50, and 4:40. It leaves Mont St. Michel at 9:25, 11:20, 2:20, 3:55 and 5:15. We found none of this information while looking on the web before our trip, and even wondered whether it was possible to get from Rennes to Mont St. Michel without driving a car. The normal ( charge is 11.70 euros one way. The trips are coordinated with train arrival times from Paris too. The line is Keolis and it is also called Ligne Routiere Regionale.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,074 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

The bus schedules between Rennes and Mont Saint-Michel, or for just about any bus line in France, can be found on-line at this link:

http://www.keolis-emeraude.com/en/

There is also a link to it from the official Mont Saint-Michel website:

ot-montsaintmichel.com/en/Acces-au-mont-sain…

Hours can also be found from the link cpmac posted.

Edited: 5:58 am, May 10, 2012
Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

We also facing the same problem as the website does not shown any coach service on every Saturday & Sunday, is it true? Thank for advising!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

Thanks for the information. I've been looking for this on the web for quite some time. Now I can just check the Keolis site for the Sept. timetable.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

Is the keolis bus from Renees to MSM big enough? I am planning to visit MSM in September, which is said to be a tourist season (It is the busiest tourist season in Paris, but might not be in MSM because of high tides.) If we can't book tickets in advance, I am concerned that bus would be full, and I might not be able to take it, at least at the time I want to. Does anyone know or tell us anything from past experience?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Rennes to MSM

I have just come back from MSM (July 23rd) and had no trouble getting tickets at the bus terminal at Rennes