We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

UK
13 posts
Save Topic
A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

Hi,

I hate to be another person who asks newbie questions that may already have been asked but we would really appreciate it if someone could help us out with a few brief answers.

We are a couple just turned 50 who are probably going to stay at the Jardin D'Eden in early June.

1. Will we be out of place at the JDE ie: too old?

2. Is it likely that the JDE will be full at this time of year?

3. Are bathroom bits & pieces such as soap and shampoo provided?

4. Are beach/pool towels provided?

5. What is the dress code for CDA at night, such as Melrose cafe, are smart flip flops and shorts OK for a male or female?

6. Will it be warm enough at night for summer shirts etc?

Sorry to be a pest, but we really would appreciate it if someone who has stayed before could just give us a few brief answers.

Thanks in advance.

Kean

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

Your questions:

1. No.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. Yes.

5. Sexy for ladies, slacks, shirt for men.

6. Yes, it's warm enough now.

These answers: 1 & 6 are accurate; 2,3 & 4 have been true in previous years; 5 is generally true, though there will always be exceptions.

Mp

UK
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

Mariepat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions.

We are now booked and ready to go.

Hoping the weather will be nice.

Kevin

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

Hi Kevin

In June the weather will, almost certainly, be perfect.

Mp

UK
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

Well we made it MP - the weather is a bit windy, but we are having a great time. Cap D'Agde is everything we hoped it would be and more!!!

Just one more quick question if we may, we are working our way round the bars that were on our list to visit and we can't seem to find a place called Hemmingways, does it still exist???

Loving the nightlife, we are bar people rather than clubbers, but the few we have been to so far have been great.

Kevin

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

Hi Kevin

Please excuse the delay in my reply.

Hemingway changed names and management years ago . The venue still exists as a bar in Héliopolis; now called Eden café, beware of the prices.

Mp

Hérault
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

I guess it changed again, it is now the Eden Club (so no longer a bar :( ), and is wayyyy overpriced. Bad, bad, lame, lame. BTW, I think the Eden Café was not particularly expensive.

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

yoyo

Things are not as clear-cut as you say. To avoid boring TA readers, I have sent you a PM.

Mp

8. Re: A Few Quick Newbie Questions - Sorry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 02, 2010