We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for accommodation

Weert
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions for accommodation

Hi there,

I would like to make a trip down to the South of France (Argeles-sur-mer) with my wife and 4 month baby at the end of August. I don't particularly want to stay in Argeles, but be close enough (<30 km) such that I can get there and back everyday.

We only need an apartment but if we're able to get something slightly better that's a little further out (away from the popular tourist sites) it would be nice.

Any suggestions are most welcome, or if you could recommend websites I could search on, that would be good as well. Many thanks for your time.

Daniel

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for accommodation

End of August will still be tourist season. Have a look at www.gites-de-france.com and if you want to avoid the crowds, search inland around Thuir, Le Boulou, Laroque des Albères, Sorède, St André, Elne, Palau del Vidre, all within reasonable distance from Argelès.

Weert
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for accommodation

Thank you so much for your reply and the suggested locations!

Wommels
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for accommodation

hi, last year we have stayed in a nice mobil home on this very quiet and nice campsite, very nice helpfull people, in sept. we will stay there again. 5-10 minutes from the beach

http://www.camping-la-roseraie.fr/

Joke and Rob

4. Re: suggestions for accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Argeles-sur-Mer