We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argeles in September

Which Argeles-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Argeles in September

Hi there,

My partner and I are shortly going to Argeles for a week. Does anyone know if Luna Park is open (we'll be there 8th - 14th Sept)?

Also I heard that BBQs are banned West of Argeles due to the dry weather, does anyone know if they are allowed nearer the beach this summer?

Lastly, if anyone has any insight into pretty towns to stop off at between Carcassonne (or a bit north) and Argeles your thoughts would be appreciated, we have 4 nights to work our way down - I've seen Narbonne, Beziers, Sete and Lecate look quite good but it's hard to tell - we will venture to perpignan and collioure while based in Argeles, along with anywhere else someone suggests?

Thanks,

Laura

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argeles in September

I think Luna park will be closed but there is a phone number on their website. Where are you flying into? Sete is a bit away in the wrong direction but I think it's worth visiting.

You could, instead of driving towards the coast from Carcassonne, travel through Quillan, Esperaza and so on and visit the Cathar castles and the Gorge de Galamus. You will end up at Perpignan. It's a fantastic scenic drive with lovely towns and villages en route.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,201 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argeles in September

"does anyone know if they are allowed nearer the beach this summer?"

I very much doubt it and you will get into serious trouble. Yesterday 2 tourists set the mountain on fire near Les Bouillouses. They've been arrested.and will be fined - I hope very heavily. The firemen are still up there. Several people died last July at the Spanish border in a huge fire which lasted several days.

Lighting a fire in this season is not only dangerous and thoughtless, it is illegal.

3. Re: Argeles in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, December 15, 2013