We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses/Taxis from Argeles Sur Mer to La Soleil

Chard, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Buses/Taxis from Argeles Sur Mer to La Soleil

Please could someone tell me if there is transport from the train station at Argeles Sur Mer to La Soleil. We will be arriving at around 7pm and wonder what will be available. We will not fancy walking to the campsite with our luggage at that time of the evening, having set off at 9 am in the UK!! Can we arrange transport before we go? We would be grateful for any advice (please don't suggest we hire a car!). Thank you in advance.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses/Taxis from Argeles Sur Mer to La Soleil

There will usually be taxis waiting at the station. If not, the taxi office is about 50 yards along the road, past the café/bar. Last time I was there no-one spoke English, so the memory banks were dredged for school French.

this is their number

Taxis Alazard

23 Avenue de la Gare

Argelès-sur-Mer

04 68 81 05 12

The local buses don't go by the station and don't run round all the campsites. There's no other means of transport, apart from those tourist train things which are not really meant for 'real' travellers. But they are very handy for getting around to and from the beaches etc.

Hope that helps.

Chard, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses/Taxis from Argeles Sur Mer to La Soleil

Thank you very much it is just what I needed, it is very kind of you. Unfortunately, I am so old that we didn't learn French at school so I can imagine me doing all sorts of mime, haha. But you were really helpful thank you

3. Re: Buses/Taxis from Argeles Sur Mer to La Soleil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Argeles-sur-Mer