We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Bois de Valmarie

Which Argeles-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey CI
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Camping Bois de Valmarie

Hi

Very excited - leaving on Fri to drive down to this campsite for 2 weeks. Got to lads of 14 and 12 - can anyone confirm that you can wear normal swimming trunks there or is it a site where you have to wear speedos? (they would be mortified)!!

Also - any hints and tips for thing we absolutely must do, places we should eat etc would be greatly appreciated.

Alli

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,208 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Bois de Valmarie

What you "must do" depends on what you are interested in and places you should eat depend on your budget. Could you be more specific?

You'll be a few km from Collioure which is a lovely fishing village, 30 km from Perpignan (12th century castle of the Kings of Majorca), 50 km from Salses and its medieval castle, 60 km from the African Park in Sigean, 70 km from Villefranche de Conflent (Vauban fortress) and Vernet-les-Bains (caves) etc..... I suggest you read the Michelin Green Guide of the area.

Re speedos : I would check with the camping site, speedos are probably required but I am not sure.

Edited: 10:36 am, July 17, 2011
Jersey CI
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping Bois de Valmarie

Thanks for your reply - I thought the purpose of this website was to supplement things like the Green Guide with people's opinions. Obviously I have a good idea of what is there but there is no substitute for someone saying - we went to so and so and it was well worth the money, you shouldn't leave here without seeing it. I had thought that the canyoning place sounded good but a review on here has definitely put me off - far more physically demanding and possibly scary, than I had thought.

Castles can be good - but that can depend on whether the history has been brought to life. Perhaps we will get more idea when we arrive.

Jersey CI
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping Bois de Valmarie

Thanks for your reply - I thought the purpose of this website was to supplement things like the Green Guide with people's opinions. Obviously I have a good idea of what is there but there is no substitute for someone saying - we went to so and so and it was well worth the money, you shouldn't leave here without seeing it. I had thought that the canyoning place sounded good but a review on here has definitely put me off - far more physically demanding and possibly scary, than I had thought.

Castles can be good - but that can depend on whether the history has been brought to life. Perhaps we will get more idea when we arrive.

londonderry, N.I.
Level Contributor
262 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping Bois de Valmarie

Hi, last year we stayed at Canet, at Le Brasilia site with 2 boys aged 12 and 14, they had a great afternoon at the adventure park at Argeles. The boys also went to a night session at the canyoning place at the same adventure park, it was very challenging!! not for the timid but they both said afterwards it was" thee best experience ever", they were the youngest there but perhaps that was because it was at night. We also had a lovely day at Collioure snorkelling and a good day out at Peypetruse Castle where there was a good birds of prey display after a very steep climb. Get the audio guide if you go, it is very informative and our boys enjoyed listening to it as they climbed around the ruins. You will have a great time. Dont think you need speedos, they dont need them at Le brasila and they are very strict.

regards Connie

Belfast
Level Contributor
56 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping Bois de Valmarie

Hi

Stayed here a few years ago so hopefully info still up to date. You definitely did not have to wear speedos as if you had my Kids would still have psychological scars at the sight of me wearing them! Its a lovely site and quite small with a good swimming pool. In terms of eating the on site Restaurant was very good and there are plenty of places in Argeles sur Mer and the Port to suit all tastes and 2 teenage kids. As others say Coillure is beautiful and should not be missed-there are boat trips from Argeles harbour. If you have a car then there are numerous other options such as nearby Perpignan, the Safari Park further up the coast or Figueres in Spian for the Dali museum. As I say it was about 5 years ago but we thoroughly enjoyed the site and local area

Jersey CI
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping Bois de Valmarie

Many thanks both for your replies - found the tips very useful and will report back on our return. We are very excited and in the boring phase of packing ready to leave on Friday. Can't wait.

Alli

7. Re: Camping Bois de Valmarie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 04, 2012