We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route Advice CDG to Limoges

Which Roissy-en-France hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pomfret, Connecticut
2 posts
Save Topic
Route Advice CDG to Limoges

Arriving CDG from Boston around 0800 on a Monday and renting at the airport from Avis. Hoping to get on the road by late morning, maybe noon. En route to the southwest, we thought we'd aim for Limoges as a first night's stop. I've mapped the route, of course, but my question for you experts is whether from CDG we should exit west and take the route involving the Peripherique and the A6, or exit east and work our way around south and west to the A10 for Orleans. I'm not asking for specific route advice for the latter, really, but just whether the most direct route, involving the Peripherique, is likely to involve significant delays at that time of day (around noon) and should be avoided. I don't mind going a bit out of the way for smooth(er) sailing. With all due respect, too, I have a good deal of experience driving in France and in the UK after overnight flights (on which I sleep well) so don't really need warnings about driving under those conditions. I'm just looking for a bit of advice from those with experience about the best general route. Thanks very much.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route Advice CDG to Limoges

The fastest by a long way will always be CdG->Périphérique->N118 or A6->A10. Anything else involving a big loop eastwards towards Cergy will add considerable time. The rush hour will start to noticeably diminish after 10am which is probably a more realistic time when you'll be hitting the road. The traffic will still be heavy, but should be starting to ease off.

Pomfret, Connecticut
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Route Advice CDG to Limoges

dg2006: That's precisely the information I needed. I will take your recommendation. Many thanks.

3. Re: Route Advice CDG to Limoges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 18, 2014