We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Asterix Park: travel and entrance fee (+Disability)

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Paris to Asterix Park: travel and entrance fee (+Disability)

Hi!

Can anybody please advise us (2 adults, members of an EU country, but neither under 26!) as to what is the best way to buy combination travel and entrance fee from central Paris to Asterix Park. We’re trying not to break the bank! (and I didn't realise that it is only open at the weekends in September, which means that arriving one Saturday and leaving the next, the only day we can go on will be the Sunday - and no 25€ Park Asterix ticket for early birds available either!)

Several companies seem to offer combined coach (air conditioned!) travel plus entrance fee to the park, at varying fees and seem to all have the same departure point: 214 Rue Rivoli. (And as to how reliable these companies are, I can't tell.)

I have also read online that at the pick-up point, next to the Louvre, for the shuttle bus out to Parc Asterix, you can now buy a combination return travel and entrance ticket from the ticket machine, but I can't find any indication as to how much this might cost, and as to whether this is an actual entrance ticket or a coupon to get one (mentioned elsewhere regarding buying a Forfait Loisirs card that offers a reduced price combination: a transport ticket for the return journey by RER (+ metro from Paris) and the shuttle bus to the Park, and a coupon for admission to the Parc Astérix, which you then have to exchange for an admission ticket on arrival at the ticket desks, probably having to join the main queue to do so.

Also, I am disabled: I have to use a walking stick and can't stand for very long, which means that queuing is a problem. Asterix Park say, on their FAQ page, that 'Priority access to attractions is accepted with the disability card', but here in the UK we don't have disability cards as a matter of course, though I do have a London Transport Disability Freedom Pass - I wonder if that would be accepted as proof?

Many thanks in advance for your help! Any advice would be welcome, and greatly appreciated!

1. Re: Paris to Asterix Park: travel and entrance fee (+Disability)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 17, 2011