We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low risk transport to CDG

Which Roissy-en-France hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Low risk transport to CDG

We have a 12:15 flight out of CDG on a Thursday in October. From what I've read in these forums, that means we should be at the airport by 09:00 or earlier. Unless we stay near the airport (don't really want to do this), that means we have to leave central Paris at 08:00 or earlier. Rush time.

I'm leery of taking surface transport (taxi, bus) when traffic snarls are likely, however, if the RER B train from, say, St. Michel is packed with commuters, I don't relish joining them with our luggage.

Have I overstated the risk of any of the transport options? Cost is not the most important factor. What is most likely to get us to the airport in a timely fashion without undue hardship? (We are taking the RER B into central Paris when we first arrive at CDG (08:45 on a Monday), but assume we'll be starting with an empty train, so we won't have trouble finding a seat)

Thanks

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low risk transport to CDG

Getting on the RER at ST. Michel you may have difficulty finding a seat. You will be OK though, because the train should start emptying enough for you to find a seat at Gare du Nord.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low risk transport to CDG

You are going against the current, so it would get better fast, even if the train is full in the beginning.

What do you relish more - having to stand for 15 min, or missing your plane?

3. Re: Low risk transport to CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, November 24, 2010