We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need a licence/permit for busking in St Dizier??

Which Saint-Dizier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Do we need a licence/permit for busking in St Dizier??

My 2 sisters and I are travelling to Europe for a busking tour in July. We are planning a stop in St Dizier, France and are not sure if we would need a licence/permit to busk there?

Also, any location recommendations or other advice you could give us would be very appreciated!!

Here is a lits of all other places we are going in Europe - if you are able to advise on licences for any other places too, that would be fab! Or please recommend any other cities/towns or whatever we could go to...

Calais, France

Antwerp, Belgium

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Osnabruck, Germany

Salzgitter, Germany

Berlin, Germany

Prague, Czech Rep

Brno, Czech Rep

Vienna, Austria

Klagenheim for the world body-painting festivals (18th-23rd July)

Milan, Italy

Geneva, Switzerland

Dijon, France

St Dizier, France

Many thanks!

Sarah - 3D

www.myspace.com/gigs3d

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need a licence/permit for busking in St Dizier??

What is busking and where is St. Dizier?

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need a licence/permit for busking in St Dizier??

toutou - busking is street entertainment like the gentleman in Avignon who balances the walking sticks and the "living statues" in the Place Holorgie (having a bad spelling day).

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need a licence/permit for busking in St Dizier??

Oh I see. Learn something new every day.

I have been told the street entertainers need permits. Not sure if you get them from the Hotel de Ville or the Gendarmerie, but I'm sure either could advise the OP.

Could they mean St. Didier??

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we need a licence/permit for busking in St Dizier??

I think it is probably the St Dizier 200km to the north of Dijon.

Now completely facinated as to why St Dizier - has it got a hidden tourist attraction? Should I detour and visit it one day when we drive south through France?

Why not add Annecy and Lyon onto your trip itinerary after Geneva and before Dijon. The former is a lovely town on a lake with spectacular views to the Alps and Lyon has a lovely old town to explore.

I agree with toutou that it would be best (and good manners) to check with the local tourist office/council/police authority if busking is allowed and whether a permit is required.

I also seem to remember that in London for example there is strong competition for the best places to perform and people intrude at their peril - I assume this will be the same all over the world where busking is allowed.

5. Re: Do we need a licence/permit for busking in St Dizier??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Dizier