We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cdg to sarlat

phoenix
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cdg to sarlat

Arriving into Cdg may 10, 2012 around 10am. Want to take a train somewhere to stay overnight then on to sarlat may 11, 2012 noonish.

Single traveler. What do you recommend? Love charming, smaller hotels or b & b but won't have a car.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,898 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cdg to sarlat

I recommend you head for Bordeaux, which is a very pleasant city in which to break your journey. Bordeaux has some direct trains from CDG airport station, but most leave from the city centre Montparnasse station. Overall journey times about 4 hours.

Check train times and make reservation Paris/CDG - Bordeaux (Compulsory reservation!) at www.voyages-sncf.com and try to avoid any redirection to the raileurope website. You can collect your tickets at the station if your credit card is CHIP AND PIN ENABLED!

From Bordeaux to Sarlat on 11 May there are local trains at 1030am but then not until 1342 (1.42pm). No reservations on these trains, just allow 15 - 20 minutes at Bordeaux's very busy station to get your ticket on the day.

I hope that helps.

Edited: 3:47 am, May 02, 2012
phoenix
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cdg to sarlat

Thank you so much! The best information I have received.

Will follow your recommendation,

3. Re: Cdg to sarlat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sarlat-la-Caneda