We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albi, Carcassonne, or ?

Which Sarlat-la-Caneda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Albi, Carcassonne, or ?

Thanks for all your help so far.

We will spend 7-10 days in Sarlat.

We will have a car and travel around.

Before heading home, we have a few more days.

What about heading to Albi or Carcassonne ?

Of course, we then need a train back to CDG or Paris.

Thanks again,

Lizannie

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albi, Carcassonne, or ?

I always regard Carcassonne itself as a day trip. The castle/old town is fairytale - a Victorian reconstruction in a more fanciful mode than was probably the original - and worth a visit, although in season it will be FULL of tourists.

Boston...
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Albi, Carcassonne, or ?

Thanks, this is the kind of information that we need!

Lizannie

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,530 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albi, Carcassonne, or ?

Albi is a pleasant town but ages since I was there so I can't really comment on what it might be like know. Surely worth a check around the web.

It does have http://www.museetoulouselautrec.net/

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
158 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albi, Carcassonne, or ?

Here are some other ideas you might think about......we are photographers and recently....last fall....explored the Aveyron...east of the Dordogne area and north of Carcassonne.It is amazing. We stayed close to Rodez but in small villages. We really loved Belcastel...15 miles or so east of Rodez and Sauveterre de Rouergue which is about 15 miles south east of Rodez. Both have lovely places to stay......the Vieux pont in Belcastel and Le Senechal in Sauveterre. Each of these places also have Michelin starred restaurants that are fairly reasonable. These two villages are on the French list of prettiest villages. Sauveterre has many artisans in the pretty bastide.I am sure you could drop your car in Rodez or Albi. We, on the other hand, drove north and dropped the car back at Orly which you may not want to do. If you are interested...there are incredible places between Rodez and Paris. This area is virtually unexplored by a lot of tourists.Check out these on the web...chateauvaulx.com and La colline de Collumbier.

Boston...
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Albi, Carcassonne, or ?

Thank you.

I will check these out.

Lizannie

6. Re: Albi, Carcassonne, or ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sarlat-la-Caneda