We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyclomundo

Which Sarlat-la-Caneda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Cyclomundo

Does anyone have any experience booking a self guided tour around Avignon or anywhere in Southern France with this company?

84 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Cyclomundo

I've used several cycle tour companies in Europe and Cyclomundo twice.

I could not be happier. The personal attention to detail, the choice of hotels and restaurants, the bikes and the routes chosen have always been above average.

I find it very hard to believe that one person (Spinner1123) could have such a different experience to all the others I have met or who have posted on Trip Advisor.

I'll certainly use Cyclomundo again when I tour in Europe.

Edited: 7:54 pm, October 14, 2013
Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Cyclomundo

I did the Avignon to Cassis tour this year with two friends. We loved it!! Self guided 6 days of beauty and fun.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Cyclomundo

I did two tours with Cyclomundo this year, one in the Loire Valley and one in the Dordogne region. Both were excellent. The inns were family owned and charming. The meals, when provided, were absolutely excellent. We would not have done as well by ourselves. The itineraries were well chosen and useful maps and directions provided. The countryside in both cases was beautiful. The bikes for the one trip were excellent: well suited for us and the terrain. Where there was a problem on the other tour, Cyclomundo made it right. They are very trustworthy. I highly recommend them.

Level Contributor
1 post
124 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Cyclomundo

Cyclomundo has organised a bespoke 5 day tour for us in the South of France. It was superb!! I had given an indication of the mileages (75 miles) and how much climbing we could manage (2500m/day) and ... they organised a stunning route, great hotels and in line with our guidelines. Very responsive prior tour, easy payments, very reliable. I would do this again and again - highly recommended. No regrets!

Hopkins, Minnesota
Level Contributor
6 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Cyclomundo

My husband and I very much enjoyed the Normandy Landmarks (D-Day sites and Mont St. Michel) tour this May. It was a new tour for the season and covered many beautiful and interesting places. I have written a number of reviews of the places we stayed and ate along the way, some varying in success. There were also many places we went that aren't on TripAdvisor, like roadside cafes, that were wonderful. It was quite an adventure.

I really enjoyed working with Bruno and the other staff at Cyclomundo. Right from the beginning I received quick and courteous responses to my questions. I was very pleased by the ability to conduct the trip planning/reservation in English. Our local tour guide was timely, pleasant to chat with, and very thorough in preparing us for the trip. His name was Patrick, although I can't remember the name of his local company.

I am already dreaming about my next bike vacation and if it's in the area that Cyclomundo serves, I intend to book through them again.

Asheville, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Cyclomundo

I see some pluses and minuses through this thread, and what I have learned is that the smaller the tour company the better. You get much more personal attention from first contact and through post-tour check-ins. The local guides are much more in tune with your tour, and rather than just being another "job" and bodies to push through and hundreth tour of the season, you are their only priority.

I've been on tours with big companies and small, and the comfort of working with a smaller company greatly outweighs the small increase in cost.

I can personally say that Outfitter Bicycle Tours - outfittertours.com - has some great tours. When you call or email you are working with the owners of the company, and their guides are more like friends than employees. I've never felt that way with other tour companies.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Cyclomundo

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the gastronomic tour through Provence. It was the first time for us to do a biking trip and we are not serious bikers however it was a superb experience and I look forward to do another trip. The hotels were charming and Le Mas du Chatelas in Marsanne was excellent especially because of the cooking of the lovely hostess and her husband. Les Peris was like being transported back into the 40's again because of the superb family who owned the B&B who entertained us even though we spoke no French. The food was superb at all the stops. I would recommend this as an adventure for anyone looking for a totally different holiday. Lucile was brilliant in setting up our itinerary since Bruno was out scouting locations and Fabienne was fabulous with setting us up. Luckily we did not have any punctures.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Cyclomundo

My husband and I and our adult daughter had a marvelous time on the "Cycling Through Wine Labels" self-guided bike tour of Burgundy. The cycling was beautiful and moderate. It made us extremely hungry so that we could really enjoy the superb wine and food of the region. Would definitely do another tour with Cyclomundo.

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Cyclomundo

Wet Wang-

Did you read whole sentences or just enough to satisfy your needs?

Edited: 1:07 pm, July 12, 2014
Canberra, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Cyclomundo

We just finished our tour of Bordeaux (Cycling with Bacchus) with these guys and had a great time. The accommodation and food were fantastic, the luggage transfers were seamless and our bikes were well maintained and comfortably fitted (a big issue with rented bikes when you are 6ft5 tall). I was able to easily and quickly fit my own pedals (cleats) and we found the directions to be mostly very specific and easy to follow. The maps were an excellent backup on the rare occasions that we diverted from the directions. Overall we could not have hoped for more from this trip. Recommended for anyone.

My one piece of feedback to the company was that Chateau visits were difficult to organise on a Sunday which ales affected our ability to book for a Monday. The wineries operate quite differently to Australia, and you need to book ahead. Having said that, the Musee De Vins in the different towns more than made up for that with plenty of tastings and half bottles for lunchtime picnics!

Reply to: Cyclomundo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sarlat-la-Caneda