We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to get from Paris to Brantome without a car?

Which Brantome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wheaton, Maryland
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Possible to get from Paris to Brantome without a car?

My parents and my family will be together in France. We'll all be in Paris together. From Paris, my parents would like to get to Brantome a day before us but they are uncomfortable driving in a foreign country now. What, if any, way is the best way for them to go?

Would there be a bus or taxi in Perigueux that could take them to Brantome, or is there another way to get there?

I will be renting a car starting the day after they get there so we can drive around the area, but for personal reasons--my father's family hid in Brantome in World War II--they would like to spend an extra day there and their itinerary would require that it be before we plan to get there.

Thanks for your help.

3 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,618 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to get from Paris to Brantome without a car?

There are three buses a day (weekdays and Saturdays) between Angouleme and Perigueux via Brantome. If travelling from Paris, Angouleme is better. Your parents can take the TGV from Paris to Angouleme, the bus to Brantome starts its journey at the railway station.

The current timetable is here

cg24.fr/FCKeditor/…ligne-1-ANGOULEME.pdf

Wheaton, Maryland
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to get from Paris to Brantome without a car?

Wow. You are incredibly helpful. Thank you for locating this bus schedule. I knew that we could rent a car at Angouleme to get to Brantome fairly easily, but I had no idea about the bus.

Brantome, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to get from Paris to Brantome without a car?

also, a taxi ride from Perigueux is about 30 minutes and 60€, if they prefer a more private mode of transportation. There is a Paris/Limoges TGV that continues quickly on down to Perigueux, which makes it a reasonable alternative.

Reply to: Possible to get from Paris to Brantome without a car?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brantome