We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Manchester to Calvi - but Saturday

Which Calvi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
united kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Manchester to Calvi - but Saturday

We have rented a lovely villa in Algajola (Saturday1st to Saturday 8th September) and I am struggling to find a way to get there from Manchester, UK. Flybe's charter flights via Corsican Places run on Sundays. Easy Jet flies into Bastia but not Calvi. The fast ferry from Nice does not run on these days. Any suggestions? I would be really grateful!

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
307 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Manchester to Calvi - but Saturday

I did not find any direct flight but those ones

http://tinyurl.com/cvla4cn

Europe
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Manchester to Calvi - but Saturday

There are ferryboats on your requested boats.

Look at Corsica Ferries.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Manchester to Calvi - but Saturday

Germanwings is v. expensive and many of the airlines/ferry companies do not run on the dates. Flybe goes Man-Paris Charles De Gaulle then we have to get across to Paris Orly to fly on to Calvi! That looks a tricky trip across Paris - is it? Jet2 seems to double when you input luggage. Lufthansa goes to Bastia etc. Spent all afternoon on this and don't seem to be getting closer !! Thanks anyway folks!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Manchester to Calvi - but Saturday

The only additional flight I can think of is the Stansted to Calvi direct flight :-

corsica.co.uk/Docs/…Calvi-Flights.aspx

Good luck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Manchester to Calvi - but Saturday

It's not far from Bastia to Algajola if you're renting a car - Easyjet CDG to Bastia looks the best option to me, depending on how affordable it is, and whether you can get a connecting flight from Manchester early enough.

Alternatively, getting from CDG to Orly is not difficult, there's a shuttle, but you need to have plenty of time - it takes about an hour if it goes well, but can take a lot longer if the traffic is bad, and Saturday 1st September might well be bad. So again it'll depend on the timing of the flights whether it's doable.

And you can fly to Calvi from Nice (with air corsica), again connections permitting. If connections don't work, you can find fairly cheap hotels near the airport in Nice.- go from uk on Friday and stopover.

6. Re: Flights from Manchester to Calvi - but Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, July 31, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Calvi