We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying in from the states to Ajaccio

Washington, DC
3 posts
Save Topic
flying in from the states to Ajaccio

We're travelling from DC to Ajaccio for three nights, then to paris for 5. Trip to Corsica kind of came as a bonus, but we are both at a loss for what to do with precious little time. First, i'd love a great hotel in the center of everything where I could have a nice hot shower. Then, thoughts on travelling about since our sojourn on this island will be so short.

Chapelle de Notre Dame de la Serra
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Village d'Occi
Lookouts, Ancient Ruins, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Clos culombu
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying in from the states to Ajaccio

Lizbette, You don't say when you are going - it gets crowded in August. If I had three days in Ajaccio, I'd spend a day in the town, perhaps visiting the house of Napoleon's birth; I'd take the train to Corte on another day enjoying the best scenery in Europe en route (especially as the train goes through all the villages beginning with "V" - Vizzavona, Vivario, Venaco etc); on the third day I'd be inclined to hire a car and head south to visit Sartene and Bonifaccio, a quite astonishing place perched on a cliff which you will see best if you take a boat trip. Your visit will leave you planning to come back for a longer stay!

Washington, DC
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flying in from the states to Ajaccio

Thanks for the suggestions (even though this is posted in the calvi forum!) we will be there in late May.