We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Far out beach club

Victoria
10 posts
Save Topic
Far out beach club

hey all,

myself and three mates are looking to stay on Ios for 5nights to finish our trip, i have been doing a bit of research and am curious of any opinons of the far out beach club???????

it looks great and has good reviews......we will be there on 27.07.07 to the 03.08.07.....yer i know im a year in advance, oops

were all 21, so a good party atmosphere would be good

by the way, were keen for snorkling and bungee jumping, any ideas?

thanks again

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Far out beach club

Hiya, been to Greek Isles many times, used to love Mykonos, before it became too Italian (nothing personal, but a different vibe now). Decided to try Ios for a change (despite some indifferent reviews), but loved it. Cheaper/more genuine/friendlier people.

It will be very busy when you are there, so prices will be inflated.

Far Out is a lot of fun, from 4-5pm to say 9pm, when most days (but especially at weekends) they have some sort of event, good music & cheap drinks.

Nice pools there, and beach only across the road.

But I wouldn't stay there, a bit noisy and tacky, better off staying anywhere on Milopotas beach (there are probably 15 odd hotels), all fairly basic, but relatively cheap too (you should be looking at 60-70 euros a night that time of year.)

Please, please, please have drinks and especially food at Karma Lounge (very chilled out beach bar/restaurant) half way up Milopotas Beach. Loved it so much, was very tempted to buy it !!

Have a great time, 21 is a good age to enjoy Ios, sadly I have hit 30, so no more Ios for me :( .... off to Thailand instead this year :)

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
823 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Far out beach club

hi majo

your have the time of your life !!!

far out beach club is probably the best place to be for 18 to 30s in greece

ios has so much to offer for every age groupwether your 18 or 80 !!

thats why far out is great they have the

far out camp site which is excellent and cheap at the time your going ,if your going to party all day and night lol,with a surf shack on its door step on the beach with so many different water sport events from snorkling ,beach volleyball,tube rides,wind surfing etc,

then theres the far out village and the far out hotel if you want to go a little up market ,

all are situated on the main beach miloportas which is only a 5 minute bus ride into the village which costs approx 1 euro ,

the village is where everyone heads to as soon as the sun sets to start the evening party

hope this helps see you in ios this summer

if you need anymore info please feel free to reply here and ill answer

oioi

Calgary
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Far out beach club

oioi, question for you.

I'll be staying at the far out village in september. I see that its fairly easy to get between milopotas beach and ios town during the day via bus, but how about at night after the bars in town?

is it within walking distance?

are buses running at night?

are cabs expensive?

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
823 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Far out beach club

hi gand

great place far out village

is it within walking distance?

from village to f-o-v its approx 20 25 min downward walk , from f-o-v to village id take transport k its all uphill .

are buses running at night?

buses are running at night normally till midnight

are cabs expensive?

its approx 6 to 7 euros a cab ride from village to miloportas

hope this helps oioi

Austrlaia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Far out beach club

I am staying at Far Out Beach Club in July and was wondering if it is easy to catch a cab from town late at night after hitting the clubs etc?

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
823 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Far out beach club

hi benjel yes in july

u can get taxis easy ok

mind u if you come home when they close you can take the bus lol,

its a nice walk too

oioi

7. Re: Far out beach club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, September 22, 2009