We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts in Ios

Witham, England...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts in Ios

Does Ios have resorts like say Skiathos or Kefalonia does, or are all the hotels around the main town/port?

if there are other resorts what are they called and what are they like?

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts in Ios

Myloptas Beach and the Far Out club is what I would call a resort. Close to the beach, big pool, young people, party all the time, different accomodation options from camping to hotel. Search up Ios and Party on youtube.com , and you will have an idea. Also a lot lot of other options along Myloptas Beach. It is about half an hour by bus from the port, going through the Chora.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts in Ios

There are very few hotels around the port and even fewer 'resorts'. As the previous poster has said Far Out is a very large resort on Mylopotas beach which caters for a younger crowd, but there are others on this beach as well. It is about 15 - 20 minutes minutes from the port to Mylopotas Beach by bus and 10 minutes to the action in Chora.

A quieter place to stay with a pool is Island House some 300 metres back (good because it is quieter) from the beach at Mylopotas. Great studios, pool and owners and good value.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts in Ios

I think Alan's meaning of the word 'Resort' is different to those who have answered the question. By 'Resort' I think he means a beach with various hotels, bars, resturants, shops and maybe a village.

On Ios I'm not sure whether there are any actual hotels, but there may be some small ones. Most accommodaton is in blocks of rooms. At the port there is a beach and various places to stay behind the beach and around the harbour The port has bars, tavernas and a few shops..

There are also places to stay up in the village which again has bars (many), tavernas and shops.

As other people have pointed out, there is Far Out at Mylopotas Beach which is young people's party place. There may be a few other places to stay.

These 3 areas are all quite close to each other and the distances would be walkable if the place was flat. There is a very frequent bus service between them.

I think there are now places to stay and maybe a hotel at Manganari Beach right down on the south of the island, but this is very remote from the port/village area and there isn't much there other than the beach.

There are no other resorts on the island.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts in Ios

There are some hotels on Ios. I've just done a search and found some. If they say they are at Gialos, that is the name of the port (it means seashore). If they say they are in Chora, that is the name of the village (almost all islands have a Chora, which is (or was) the main town/village), but once you on Ios it is usually referred to as 'The Village'.

Edited: 4:47 pm, October 01, 2013
Witham, England...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts in Ios

So other than The main town and the port there is no other towns/villages that you can stay in?

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts in Ios

>So other than The main town and the port there is no other towns/villages that you can stay in?

Ios is a small island.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts in Ios

There is the port (Gialos/Yialos and Kampos Valley - the area around Gialos beach), Chora (the main village), Mylopotas (all three locations within walking distance of each other), and some rooms to rent close to Manganari, Agia Theodoti and other beaches. Most hotels on Ios are small, family-owned.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts in Ios

NO - there is quite a lot of accommodation in Mylopotas, and I guess this could be termed a resort. As I said we stayed in a great place, Island House.

As you will see in Trip Advisor reviews there are a considerable number of places to stay in Mylopotas - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g1189855-Milopotas_…

Island House is No 1

I hope that this helps

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
823 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts in Ios

there is the port (gialos) the main village (chora) or maganari beach very quiet with 2 or 3 restaurants fantastic for beach and quiet nights in maganari

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts in Ios

And what about Mylopotas? There is quite a lot of accommodation there and it is the biggest attraction on IOS!

Edited: 11:47 am, October 06, 2013