We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting confused, trip to Ios, Paros, Syros and Mykonos

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Getting confused, trip to Ios, Paros, Syros and Mykonos

Hi

I was trying to streamline a trip to include all these islands for perhaps a week each. From what I can see Mykonos is the only one I can fly into from Athens or out of is that right.

We would be travelling mid September to Mid October. I am not a fan of long ferry journeys of more than 2/3 hours as I just want to be there and see an do.

Which way would it be best to visit the islands to keep going forward in one direction with the shortest ferry times. Perhaps it would be best to fly out of Mykonos as we would then need to continue on to Rome to join a flight to Australia.

I have looked at lots of ferry schedules but have just managed to confuse myself further.

Also are the islands very very quiet in October and do the restaurants etc start to shut down. I will celebrate my birthday on the 11/10 and would hate to think that we cant find a restaurant that has some atmosphere and lots of people around to enjoy.

Advice really appreciated, as I am having a real problem trying to organise the trip and streamline the islands.

I found that the Lonely Planet etc dont really tell you much other than a few things to see, how to get there, eg ferry from Athens and 1 or 2 hotels to stay. They cover so many islands there isnt a lot of info on each.

So advice which way to go on this trip, in what order to make it more simple would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Janderra

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Getting confused, trip to Ios, Paros, Syros and Mykonos

On conventional ferries Naxos to Ios is about 90 mins and Ios to Paros about 3 hours. In June you can just turn up without booking. There will be at least a one ferry daily between those islands, usually 2-3.

Edited: 6:32 pm, November 12, 2012
22. Re: Getting confused, trip to Ios, Paros, Syros and Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations