We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ios experts help pleeeease

Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Ios experts help pleeeease

Hello,

I have been to Ios before, last time staying at Skala Hotel which was pretty average. However I liked the area it was in - on the top of the hill and you could walk down into town or walk down to the beach.

What are some other hotels/hostels/accommodation in the area of Skala Hotel that are accessible to both beach and town?

Thank you!

greece
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ios experts help pleeeease

Hi,

You could try this place www.hermesios.com

they have two hotels, one in ios town and one in agios ioannis which is close to mylopotas beach

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ios experts help pleeeease

Try Ios Resort or Francescos.

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
833 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ios experts help pleeeease

hermes, katerin pension , yanis rooms ,blue sky are all situated between village and beahc on road past scorpions ok

london
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ios experts help pleeeease

Your world is your oyster up there. I can recommend Hermes if you want a pool and if you want something slightly cheaper Yannis rooms. Both on the main road going down to Mylopota just past Scorpions. I have lived on Ios and have been going for 28 years hope I have some knowledge. For a great meal and company make sure you have your breakfast at Yannis and your dinner at The Octopus Tree in the port !!

Edited: 3:07 pm, June 18, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Yannis
Yannis
19 Reviews
Ios, Greece
The Octopus Tree
The Octopus Tree
286 Reviews
Ios, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
23 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ios experts help pleeeease

Having lived for several years as the doctor of the island i have to say that if you want acess to both mylopotas and the village you should stay somewhere between. Everything depends on the budget. The Levantes boutique hotel is overlooking mylopotas as is the ios palace...both are above average...The far out hotel is ok...but full of noisy youngsters...

Speaking about food..ios is not THE island for gourmet...by far the best food is served at Lord Byron's restaurant...not cheap but very very good with innovative features from the chef..bill and his wife mollie who is american...but is THE island for beaches with Manganari and mylopotas being between the best in Greece...

Mentioned in this post
Manganari
Manganari
Ios, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
6. Re: Ios experts help pleeeease

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 03, 2012