We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ios for families??

atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ios for families??

We are staying in Milos for 8 days or so and looking for another island that has a little more life. We have 2 boys (8,12) and I have a feeling Milos might be a little slow for them after 8 days or so...Would Ios be a good island for the second leg of our vacation? The ios page sure seems to be filled with kids looking for jobs. I assume there is a lively night life for the college aged crowd. Is it suitable for a family? We like action, just not college kids throwing up and getting hammered every night (already went to college :)....

Any recommendations on a hotel with a good pool near the beach would be appreciated, as well.

Chris

Ios, Greece
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ios for families??

Hi Chris,

Ios has got this reputation but I'm quiet sure is worth visiting, i would recommend to stay at Yialos area ( Ios Port ) with beautiful tavernas, coffee shops,shoping and some bars, as this is the quietest part of the island as Mylopotas Beach is the day time action and Chora ( Ios town ) is the night action.

Hope this helps.

Devon UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ios for families??

I am just back from Ios, my 12 year old son LOVED it. We stayed at Homers Inn, best pool on the island, warm, friendly, hospitable owners. Handy for walking to the port with nearby beach and bars/restaurants, or bus stops right outside for town and main beach, Milopotas. Milopotas has water sports - my son tried SCUBA, loved it, but lots of other stuff.

The RAVE scene mostly kicks off late - after midnuight -and the big clubs are all out-of-town, so Ios is pretty family friendly, specially this time of year. All depends when you are going.??

Ios can be what you want really - the town ha a great choice of retsaurants of all types, busy full beaches or walk a bit and find an empty bay. the bus ride to Maganara beach is great. If your kids swim, be sure to take snorkels, hours of free fun!!!!!

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
797 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ios for families??

ios is for every age group and has been for the last 100 years or more ios was once known as the hippy island which has always welcomed its name as ios party island which starts around midnight , so if around the village with children until midnight then your be fine and will enjoy like any other island as do the thousands of children and familys that come here each year have fun oioigeeza

atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ios for families??

Oioigeeza,

Thank you for your comments. I believe we may split our trip between Milos and Ios.

Best,

Chris

5. Re: Ios for families??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 04, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations