We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best connection to IOS?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best connection to IOS?

Via Athens?

Santorini?

Thanks!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,233 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best connection to IOS?

Athens(Piraeus) normally, daily at 07:00 or 07:30. Some days of the week other times but not many.

Whilst it is possible to fly to Santorini and then the ferry it's more costly, complicated and there may not be a suitable ferry to connect on Santorini.

However Ios has ferry connections with a load of islands in the summer like Santorini, Anafi, Amorgos, Naxos, Paros, Syros, Mykonos, Sikinos, Folegandros, Milos, etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
516 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best connection to IOS?

So-the ferry from Santorini is complicated?

Athens would be fairly long though?

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best connection to IOS?

I wouldn't say the ferry from Santorini is complicated at all! In the summer months there is more or less a daily ferry the fast one is about 30-40 mins and the slow one is an hour or so.

If you are coming all the way from Canada I presume you will want to visit Santorini as well as Ios anyway?

Athens to Ios is just 4 hours or so on the fast ferry

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best connection to IOS?

Can you tell me what the waters are like? Calm, I hope?

:-)

mallorytown, ontario
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best connection to IOS?

Can I tell you what the waters are like? The funniest thing I ever saw was on our first trip to Greece. We were taking a slow ferry to Crete. While we were still in the harbour in Piraeus there was a large group of young people on the boat having a great ole party. We no sooner got past the gates of the harbour and about half of them started throwing up.

But after about a hundred ferry trips I have never felt sea sick, until last trip on a fast ferry back to Athens. I just took a Gravol and was fine.

6. Re: Best connection to IOS?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ios