We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jobs in Ios

Madrid, Spain
2 posts
Save Topic
Jobs in Ios

Hey, myself and my friend are coming to Ios mid July and really need to find some work. We're both Irish, hardworking girls with plenty of work experience and have just finished our Erasmus year so we know the party scene! We can waitress, work in bars... anything really. Would really appreciate any help anyone could give us regarding work :)

Thanks!!!

Clare and Michelle :)

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jobs in Ios

Hi Claire and Michelle,

its going to be hard work finding jobs in July most are taken by then. To get something you need to be really pro active as every bar, restaurant and hotel even if they are not advertising!

You find that some people may quit there jobs and move on so some positions do come up but they are much harder to come by in July.

You definitely wont get anything in advance of travel so best thing to do is ask for workers accommodation upon arrival at the port and tell people your here to work.

If youve not been before you might like my blog post Ive done about the island. Ive been told its quite good for first timers

journeytom.com/2011/…

I wish to all the best in finding something and hope you enjoy Ios :-)

Madrid, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jobs in Ios

Thanks so much for replying :) Do you think realistically there is any chance at all we could get work? And if not would we be able to live there for a month without working? Because we have no idea about accomodation costs :/ We've been told we can get places for 20 euro a week but theres nothing online? Sorry for all the questions :/ Im going to read your blog now :)

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jobs in Ios

20 euros a week!!! You will definitely not get anything for that price. if you mean 200 a week then thats possible but dont expect any luxury you will get a nice clean apartment but not much else

if you are just going to stay for a month you might find it hard to get work if a place has just lost some staff in July they will be looking to have someone to commit until the end of the season so very late august into sept.

However its one of those you wont know until you get there situations! Ios is an amazing place so I would say go for it you've got nothing to lose :)

4. Re: Jobs in Ios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations